Sign in to follow this  
Retro-Pete

Face lift 156 HID

Hey, I'm thinking of fitting HID's to my SW has anyone else done this conversion?

Lots of kits on the bay and seeing as they're not illegal MOT wise (unless incorrectly fitted) its got me thinking!

The FL lights have no projector (magnified) unit so will the reflector go mad with the HID's fitted??

There's two different types, designed to work with the two different types of reflector lenses.

I'll try and find the link in a bit that explains it better.

I've got them in mine, and they're not illegal YET. They're gonna be outlawed...next year? Or the year after. Not long anyway.

There's two different types, designed to work with the two different types of reflector lenses.

I'll try and find the link in a bit that explains it better.

I've got them in mine, and they're not illegal YET. They're gonna be outlawed...next year? Or the year after. Not long anyway.

Thanks buddy :thumbs:

Joss has them fitted to his 156 SW and i've got them fitted to my GTA, they have both passed MOT's since they were fitted but as long as they are set up right they are fine, at the minute, i think something is changing about that soon though

That was the initial look, but the new regulations look as if they will be OK aslong as the emmit white or yellow and are both supply adequate light, so the only problem may be if you get one of the kits which is blue of tint.

That was the initial look, but the new regulations look as if they will be OK aslong as the emmit white or yellow and are both supply adequate light, so the only problem may be if you get one of the kits which is blue of tint.

Ah so that is probably why mine have gone through. they are pretty much ice white :cool: