Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

'fixed' my screechy brakes

For ages now the brakes on my GTA have screeched really badly,its embarrassing when you pull up next to a bus and your brakes make more noise than that thing does :$. Anyway, today while i was checking the tyre pressures i was fiddling about and put the small thin air compressor nozzle (like you would use to pump up a football) under/around the calipers/discs and gave it a blast and saw loads of brake dust come billowing out. Done all 4 until no more dust would come out and since doing that i went for a drive and no more screeching brakes :thumbs:.

im sure theres probly a technical term for what i done but it looked good when i done it and it seems to have sorted it out too :). you should also probly wear a mask and goggles but i just held my breathe and looked away :$.

ive done this before and it lasted for quite a while but it seems to be a build up of brake dust which causes it on my car at least, so if it helps anyone else out its worth doing :)

im sure theres probly a technical term for what i done but it looked good when i done it and it seems to have sorted it out too :).

....Cleaning???