Sign in to follow this  
2spark

Recommend sellers please

I am after a full front set of wishbones and drop links for my 156 v6.

Any thoughts on the best place to by these.

Also there is obviously a big difference between OE and non OE parts, but is non OE worth considering if you are skint like me?

Or shall I do the one side which is the problem with original then wait and do the other?

I can obtain the parts for far less than any retailer on the web, but if you want to get them yourself then Eurocarparts.com and discount code summer30 for best Lemforder ones which are better than OE or Alternative Autos for OE at less than dealer prices.

As a warning, the cheap arm from Eurocarparts are trash and are the same as those from bypartsby and shop4parts, I've fitted a few sets of them for people and within weeks they are back complaining about them, I warn them not to use them in the first place but it's only when I show them the difference in quality between the cheapos and a Lemforder that they understand that it's not my fault but the cheap crappy parts, on a suspension you get what you pay for.

I'll give you a PM in about a week Smaky if that's alright.

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Similar question to Tooey:

I'm looking out of my window and the GTV appears to have dropped by an inch or so on the OSR. I didn't notice any odd handling but I'm guessing that I'll find the spring has broken a coil when I look later. If so, I want to replace it with standard, but suppliers only seem to stock lowered springs. Are V6 and TS rear springs identical? Where can I get standard springs from? :Confused: I ought to replace the (broken) bump stops while I have it all apart but is there anything else I ought to do at the same time (spring pans & doglegs are pretty recent)?

Similar question to Tooey:

I'm looking out of my window and the GTV appears to have dropped by an inch or so on the OSR. I didn't notice any odd handling but I'm guessing that I'll find the spring has broken a coil when I look later. If so, I want to replace it with standard, but suppliers only seem to stock lowered springs. Are V6 and TS rear springs identical? Where can I get standard springs from? :Confused: I ought to replace the (broken) bump stops while I have it all apart but is there anything else I ought to do at the same time (spring pans & doglegs are pretty recent)?

I have a friend locally who is breaking a GTV and has the rear springs and spring pans (and shocks) if tour interested, the pans are in good condition but as they are off of a 2.0 I'd recommend replacing the bushes with rose joints.

I can obtain the parts for far less than any retailer on the web, but if you want to get them yourself then Eurocarparts.com and discount code summer30 for best Lemforder ones which are better than OE or Alternative Autos for OE at less than dealer prices.

As a warning, the cheap arm from Eurocarparts are trash and are the same as those from bypartsby and shop4parts, I've fitted a few sets of them for people and within weeks they are back complaining about them, I warn them not to use them in the first place but it's only when I show them the difference in quality between the cheapos and a Lemforder that they understand that it's not my fault but the cheap crappy parts, on a suspension you get what you pay for.

Smaky, My ears just pricked up.... are you prepared to post to Australia at all? I understand if thats too much of a hassle..

The best people for you to speak to about getting parts shipped to Oz would be http://www.ebspares.co.uk they specalize in exports and have contracts withthe shipping companies so their cost wouldbe lower.

All good, that's who I have been using along with Alfisti.net, no worries then, cheers.. :thumbs:

Just a thought, if i were to arrange my own freight at this end, would you be interested in supplying the parts?