Sign in to follow this  
Romek

No Reverse

My selespeed on start up engages reverse with the R showing on display than as I move a few yards it goes to neutral. Thereafter it will not engage reverse.

I assume going forward is OK as It engages 1st and 2nd when stationery.

Any ideas?

Faulty gear insertion sensor, that's the one on the top of the actuator just infront of the 12mm hex plug.

That is of course assuming the brake pedal WAS pressed when selecting the gear from Neutral.

Thanks Smaky for the info , It was the wife complaining so who knows what she pressed!! she has never been the same since the choke cable was superseded with lambda (Nowhere to hang the handbag)

Alfa diag showed 3 faults P1747, P1748 P1769

The clutch rod distance was 28.3.

Clear them and if they come back then we have a solenoid issue to think about.

Ok Alexs its not the wife at fault....... whilst driving today could only get 1st and 3rd gear then eventually dropped to nuetral. When I pulled over to get the long queue behind me to overtake only managed to get 1st gear only from standstill.Limped home in 1st or it dropped to nuetral when attempting to change gear. Tonight got alfadiag and gone through all calibration etc etc now going through gears.correctly.. What do you reckon Smaky? this is one intermittant fault ... what do you think get the Isopropyl out and clean the connections or do we carry out an exorcism

Looking forward to your advise!

I think we are back to the first idea I had on this, the gear insertion sensor, either the sensor, the fork it's driven by or the roll pin that drives the fork.

A little exploritory surgery may be needed to get to the bottom of this.

I think we are back to the first idea I had on this, the gear insertion sensor, either the sensor, the fork it's driven by or the roll pin that drives the fork.

A little exploritory surgery may be needed to get to the bottom of this.

Leaves you with the feeling of uncertainty when you have not got a definite solution.

You are right. lets wait until it happens again...