Sign in to follow this  
Joss

Painting the Grill

I'd like to paint the grill black on the GTA as the chrome is too bling. Any thoughts on the best method as I don't want it to chip too easily. Alternatively if you know where I can buy one :thumbs:

I know FK do black ones, but badgeless so I don't know if that's your cup of tea.

I intend to do mine in carbon wrap along with the two chrome vent thingys

See I would keep the edge chrome bits to match the door handles and keep it still in keeping. I just felt the grill was too much and have seen lots of phases 1's with body coloured grills

Lovely looking car Joss :thumbs:

If you do it in wrap you can't really lose. just peel it back off if you don't like it.

BTW Ever thought about putting spaceers on the wheels to bring them further out? Might look :cool: with the flared arches

If you do it in wrap you can't really lose. just peel it back off if you don't like it.

BTW Ever thought about putting spaceers on the wheels to bring them further out? Might look :cool: with the flared arches

Yeah well my other 156 has a complete dash full of 3m stuff. There is a thread on AO somewhere in general alfa discussion. Most people like it. I'll be doing the wrap at somepoint this week so will post pics. As to the spacers yes the GTA desperately needs them IMO especially on the back where they are tucked right in and look poo :grump:

I agree, wrap it, if it doesn't look right then unwrap it, but the car looks really good as is

I agree, wrap it, if it doesn't look right then unwrap it, but the car looks really good as is

he already said that :facepalm:

ah right. cheers buddy. I I know I shouldn't mess with it but as there are many other boggo GTA's aboutit would be nice to look a little different

I'll be getting my 156 grille done soon. Will have to compare pics.

If it's anything like my attempted window tint it wont go well :$:D

@ah.. The GTA isn't that common but as we are part of the alfisti enthusiast we end up seeing more of them more often :LOL:

@2spark. I thought ou did an awesome job of the window tint mate

Iv seen about two gta's in the past year

You need to get to the west midlands monthly meetings, at least 6 turn up each time.

If you want to spray the grille you'll need some "acid etch primer" its available from Halfrauds (if you have a trade card its a good discount)

Get some 320 wet'n dry and give it a reet good sanding! No shine!

Degrease and spray about 2-3 medium coats on, leave to go tacky then Spray on a couple of coats of filler primer and leave to dry.

Flat off with 5-600 wet'n dry (don't flat through) degrease and spray on satin black JD!!

Remember rattle cans are not as good as 2k!

I'd like to paint the grill black on the GTA as the chrome is too bling. Any thoughts on the best method as I don't want it to chip too easily. Alternatively if you know where I can buy one :thumbs:

Wrap it.