Sign in to follow this  
Grimsqueaker

Fluid Top Up Opens Cans Of Worms :(

Just went to top up the selespeed fluid, and I forgot that the tutela stuff is golden and didnt really think to much when I checked the fluid level, the fluid in the tank is pink, alarm bells went off when the fresh fluid out of the cs bottle was golden....

So if I am to drain and refill what's the quantity I need and any special things to safeguard before I drain it?

The system holds 750ml, but to flush it out you need about 3 litres at least, but you'll never be able to flush it completely unless the reservoir is removed and drained separately, and that can get messy as it releases the pressure when it's unscrewed.

Well I still have 3 bottles that I found in the boot of the other half's Saab ( I don't know either ) so that's tonight's job along with my neighbours brake pads and timing belt ( lesson to be learnt, never work on your car outside the front of your house, you will get inundated with favour requests)

Cheers Smaky :)