Angelom

Alfa 155 Crank Pulley

Need some help/advice pleas

Some rattling noise developed ftom brother's 155 twinspark crank pulley, he says comes from the toothed gear/pulley behind the big one. 6551450083fddeaf3734c760fc650f27.jpg

Warned him not to drive the car but as you can imagine...

Phoned me now to say he got stuck, noise got worse, car lost power while driving and cut out. Still starts but no power... Your thoughts?

Also advised him to maybe do engine swop cause he experienced quite few problems over last year. I can get a accident damaged 2000 model 156 for R6000 zar, wich is quite a good price if the motor is still as good as the seller says, plus I can hack all the bits and pieces as spares for my 156.c4a37cee5ce3f9627658888ee821dbd9.jpg9a69c47fe376b237407ec64cf24961ae.jpg

Is the two motors (155 / 156) swopable and if so what needs to be changed/swopped?

The engines are swappable, you just need to keep the original ancillaries and their supporting brackets, as well as the intake/exhaust manifolds, rocker cover, water pump, throttle body and ECU... AND the dipstick housing !!!!

BTW if it's just the pulleys then do cambelt service and see if that sorts it, it may just be a tensioner seizing and replacing it may solve it all.