leongsoon

Selespeed Upshift Paddle Causing Downshift

Hi! Just a quick question! It's happened a few times now, every now and then when I use the right Selespeed paddle to shift up, it will shift down instead, fortunately every time this happens the car is travelling quite slow. Normally what I do is just use the Selespeed stick instead, and the problem never presented itself 2 times in a row, it just happens remotely once in a while.

Also once in a while, the Selespeed stick will have one of it's microswitches stuck and refuse to shift up. A slight wiggle to the top right will normally unstick the button and the selector stick will work properly again.

Is there anyway I can fix this, or would it be better to just replace the paddle and / or stick all together?

Well it's gotta be when the steering is straight or slightly right then. Will a steering angle calibration help? I did touch the clockspring a bit previously when adjusting the steering angle and doing a calibration to get rid of the VDC error!

Alrighty, 2 final questions haha! Is the clockspring same for both pre and post facelift steering wheels? And what should I look for to ensure the clockspring is alright? Sorry for the questions, but I really couldn't find much info regarding the clocksprings! Thanks!