Sign in to follow this  
K9d

Oops, I Think I've Broke It. :)

I don't drive my 156 very often, Kathy does, so when I was out in it just now I thought I would give it a few revs to clear out some of the crap this usually help the VNT work better. Came off a roundabout and revved it to the red line, 5K rpm, in 2nd, held it there whilst I had a look in the mirror to see how much smoke I was making, not a lot.

Then I looked back at the dash to see the EML on, nothing unusual there, lifted off did a slow gear change to 3rd allowing the revs to drop to tick over, this will normally clear the light. Not this time though tried a few more goes but still no joy, drove the last little bit to my house, stopped the engine and then restarted it but still no joy.

Will see what its like tomorrow, I don't want it to die yet its only got 7,500 miles to go until it reaches 200,000 and possible retirement.

EGR is blanked off, I was thinking stuck VNT.

May be making a trip to Swindon soon, if so will pop round.

Got in the car earlier and started it, looked at the EML hoping it would go out but no :(

Drove 20yds changed to 2nd and :yay: the light went out. :)

I keep saying to myself I'm going to get rid of the 156 when it hits 200,000 miles but it runs so well, feels so good and is a pleasure to drive I know I won't get rid.

I'm sure there's a long list of codes to be read, the EML is quite a frequent visitor usually at high throttle/revs in 3rd, I think its mostly down the sticky vanes or lack of vacuum at the VNT, as I mostly drive the Sele I don't care so much :LOL: