Sign in to follow this  
flyblo5

Veloce Springs

I am having a bit of trouble finding the correct springs for my 2001 Selespeed Veloce Sportwagon.

As i understand it the Veloce spec superseeded the Sportpack option on the 156 and included 16" alloys, side skirts and one or two interior upgrades, plus slightly lower, stiffer suspension on the Saloon models while the Sportwagons were kept to a cosmetic upgrade only, with the standard suspension, but i always thought my car sat slightly lower than other sportwagons.

My problem is trying to find the correct springs to fit to my car to give it the same stance as it had before my mamoth rebuild.

First off i fitted a set of Eibach pro street springs but they dramatically lowered it all round making it look stupid. Off they came (and as soon as everything is finished they will be heading for ebay) and on went a set of good quality aftermaket standard springs, cross matched with the vin number. These make her sit higher than before so she has lost that lovely stance she used to have. When comparing with the old springs the rears seem to have an extra coil. Can't compare the fronts as they were broken and have been binned.

So, either the new standard spring i have are incorrect (but that doesn't explain why she used to sit lower than most) or maybe at some point she has been fitted with "proper" veloce springs or slightly lowered using aftermarket springs.

Any explainations, ideas or better still part numbers so i can get the correct items would be welcome.

I think I may have answered my own question. It seems I have purchased Eibach Sportline springs which are much lower (45mm) than the pro street (30mm) which is much cl;oser to the 25mm drop on the original Sportpack. Any confirmation will still be welcome.

Sorry Smaky, not been able to get on for a few days and have managed to source the springs although not as cheap as you have managed. Serves me right for not checking the forum more.

Any problems with these and i'll come back to you.