Sign in to follow this  
alfapat

164 Rear Wheel Bearings

Looks like I've picked the most obsolete bearing on an Alfa - or not.

I can only find a rear bearing for 164 3.0l 1995 (abs ) on euro parts and they are a whopping 133 pounds.

Can anyone help please with a cheaper match , assuming I can press the old out without replacing the whole hub, then surely that's a cheaper way to do it, has anyone done these on here please.

As I get the hum in the car I'm assuming the noise is coming from the rear. When I spin each wheel I am only getting a slight rumble from the rear and jacking the front up there seams to be no noise, are rears or the fronts more prone to going on this car?

Are their any other checks I can do to check whether fr or rear, apart from feeling movement on the hubs?

I might of known it , cant understand why they should be more expensive than the fronts , perhaps I can identify the bearing part number, that way I can source cheaper. I would have thought the front ones would have been cheaper than rears.

Any tips in identifying which wheel other than the usual spin and listen

They are more expensive because they com with the hub and exciter ring, all just ready to slide onto the axle and fit the nut.