Sign in to follow this  
StescoG66

Chassis Code Identification

Quick and concise. What chassis code is my car liable to be - 902, 905 or 907? 1988 Sprint 1.7QV. I ask only because when looking for parts Sprint is not coming up on most searches, where the 33 does and most of the stuff I am looking for will be shared (shox, bushes etc)

It should say on the plate under the bonnet .

You normally have a chassis code and a spares code. I think on those there was a cutout type plate on the inner wing . And on the suds the chassis no. Was stamped on the cross bar on the top of the bulkhead between the heater box and the engine bay .

Or look on the registration document? My Sprint is ZAS902***********

ZAS902 it is. Having a bit of a job finding the right shock absorbers for the front.

Out of curiosity which were better the BOGE (1 piece?) strut or the Spica with insert

ZAS902 it is. Having a bit of a job finding the right shock absorbers for the front.

Out of curiosity which were better the BOGE (1 piece?) strut or the Spica with insert

The boge are good the only benefit with the others is you can actually change the shock (insert) which gives you a choice to fit konis and a couple of others iirc ?