Sign in to follow this  
Gibot123

Time To Move On

So after the engine I just replaced in the 147 blowing a lump out of itself after only 70miles for a yet unknown reason and having chosen to use that as a run around car whilst trying to find parts to do up the 164, I have now arrived at the point where I have spent every penny I had and a few more I don't.

I ve come to the sad conclusion that its time to let them both go.

with winter comming and no garage think its time to cash the new tax in before the end of the month and scrap both the cars to regain some poorly invested cash .

After some long thought and much sadness and several different sums and calculations I cannot reconcile the cost of running a car.

I live in a place where you cant park anywhere without paying except home. The council has decided to introduce a 20mph limit just about everywhere and going anywhere cost so much in fuel I have been reduced to going shopping and the occasional trip to school to pick up or drop off the kids.

I worked out that the cost of running a car just tax,mot,insurance actually costs more than it would cost me each year to do the journeys I make and thats without the fuel.

So after much time and effort have come to the enevitable conclusion its just not worth it anymore.

Been an Alfa owner for nearly thirty years now and to arrive here after the blood,sweat and tears is a little sad but for me I think the government and lack of money has finally priced me off the road.

Very sad day for me but have been fighting this for the last couple of years and have to finally admit defeat.

The engine blowing up in the 147 I replaced 3 weeks ago is the unfortunate straw has broken this camels back.

VIVA ALFA ROMEO.

That's a shame :( instead of scrapping the 164 could you not put it in the for sale section on here or any other Alfa forums and try and get a bit of money back for it that way? would be a shame to scrap it as there are hardly any about and there might be someone out the with the time and money to give it a good home and get it back to its former glory? the 147 could be stripped for parts (if you have the time) and a bit of money got back on it that way?

I have put them both on the" other site " to be honest if I was going to keep one it would be the 164.

but due to the money situation first to go will have to do.

its made me really mad had the 164 since 2002 been the most reliable car I've ever had.

should have gone without a car and spent the money on the 164 but was having difficulty finding some of the parts been looking for months before I bought the 147.

Still have to wait and see. :cry:

With any luck you can keep the 164, is there no way of SORN'ing it & keeping it at a mates/family members house?

You've probly thought of everything already though :(

:( that's crap man, but you gotta do what's best for you tho.

Stay on here tho G :D

Don't need an Alfa to keep in touch :thumbs:

If I had a big shed/barn I would look after the 164 for you bud, whatever you do it will be the right thing :)

That's a shame :(

I think the governments master plan it to price us all off the roads. :mad:

I think so . I just wish they would be honeset Ohh sorry its the government silly me :Black Eye:

Never ceases to amaze me how everyone has to be so squeaky clean to govern but the minute they get in they become the most untrust worthy 2 faced things you would ever have the displeasure of meeting. Unbeliveable :Talking Ear Off:

By the way how you doing ? you still feeling saw and stiff?

Hope its not too bad always takes you by surprise once the adrealin has worn off.

I love how this government keep making wonderful promises to be introduced in 2015, so that means we have to re-elect you then :rolleyes:

My seat belt burn looks awesome/awful depending on your viewpoint, it looks painful but doesn't hurt much.

My right shoulder is aching and strangely my right big toe too.

But overall still counting my blessings.

Got tomorrow off work so a couple of days of rest coming up. :)

cool. youve probably caught you toe on the brake pedal when the car went over.

hope you enjoy a bit of a rest . You never know there might be a silver linning in the end . :Sleepy:

I have put them both on the" other site ":

Jesus hope you put them in the correct thread or you could be looking at a 24 hour ban

:)

:LOL:

Make sure your pm folder is empty so people can contact you, cus you can't discuss the cars in the thread :thumbs:

Jesus can you imagine a thread here staying on topic :LOL:

Had a decent day at work today finish first job early done a couple of breakdowns then in the pub by 3 bonus :D

Had a decent day at work today finish first job early done a couple of breakdowns then in the pub by 3 bonus :D

Your so fucking banned :LOL:

You worked till 3 ?, that's overtime that is.

• Like 1

yes stilll looking for a solution really want to hang on to the 164.

I will still come on and annoy everyone though whatever :Sleepy:

• Like 1