Sign in to follow this  
StescoG66

Tyre Recommendations?

Time is approaching for 2 new fronts, and the tyres on there have lasted well (19k and counting), but without being too blunt they're crap (Pirelli P6000).

I am after something bothy grippy and quiet - the P6000 are understeery and noisy. RomeoRaider on the other side gave a big thumbs to the Vredestein Ultratac Sessanta and there are presently the preferred option, however for similar money can get Michelins at Costco. Also my favoured tyre depot has pointed me in the direction of Avon ZVS, and also a couple of Cooper tyres which are an unknown quantity to me TBH.

Anyway - in short - what would the great custodians of AD suggest, bearing in mind the brief described above. Size is 225 45 17.

Actually - wonder if it worth creating a recommended tyre sticky/poll for the Giulietta? As a car it would appear to be very sensitive to tyre choice overall. What do you say we rate them by size first, then 3 other parameters say noise, grip wet and dry then wear? A clear picture would soon emerge I am sure.

The original Contis on the back are not too far from replacement either . . .They seem to have a rep for being soft.

I had 4 ps3's in march so far they have worn well and very grippy in wet and superb in dry conditions. Haven't had any others so couldn't say about road noise. I wouldn't touch avons tho had a pair on the front of the gta when I first brought it. Very very soft tyre worn down quickly. It was a toss between the veds and ps3's ps3's won due to 25% discount if brought 4 and a £50 fuel card :thumbs:

Paid from ATS about £460 ish that was for 4 tyres tracking wheel alignment and nitrogen instead of air.

Avon and Cooper are the same thing, they're made 10 miles from where I live at the Cooper/Avon factory. :thumbs:

I've had a few different ones on 156 20v the best two were eagle f1 and p-zero...

gotta say the p-zeros edge it as they are better on damp surfaces.

john

I put falkens on my GTA & they were pretty good. Done brands hatch twice, spa & nurburgring with them 10k miles & they were still good :). Think i got the ZE 912's but wanted the FK452's as they were supposed to be better but the factory was hit by the japanese earthquake so couldnt get them

If people on pistonheads were putting them on tuned skyline's & TVR's i thought why not. At £75 a tyre i thought i might aswell try them & if they were crap bin them off

Well looks as though the Michelins are going to win through. There is a great deal on them at Costco, now to choose? Pilot Sport, Primacy or the Energy thing. Erring in favour of Pilot Sport TBH . . . . . And I'll likely stick 'em on the back moving the remaining Contis to the front.

progress.gif