Sign in to follow this  
alison50

No Gears Update

I still have no gears, I had my Alfa towed to a garage had a diagnostic done and hey presto had all gears back, drove home all ok changed gears as should and parked up, Went this morning stuck back in neutral. Getting a new brake switch this afternoon see if that helps, Any more suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks

HI Smaky, I had the new brake switch in and gears came back and now gone again, All brake lights working as they should,

As you know, I had the BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH as the only fault from the program I received. It was replaced with a second hand one. The car proceeded to drop to neutral at a set of lights. The Mechanic ran a diagnostic check, and the error had come back, so he sourced a new Brake Pedal Switch, and has now installed that. I am picking the car up this afternoon. As the last "incident" where the car dropped to neutral, didn't occur until 35kms of driving, I am scared of taking the car too far from the Mechanic in the case that I get stuck on the freeway, so I am going to do numerous laps around the block of where the Mechanic is situated. Will let you know how I go, but I am doubting it's the switch more and more.

Without the car to hand I can only give you a best guess from the info supplied, the problem with brake switches are that they are frgile and if installed incorrectly then they can be broken when fitting. As that was the only code which returned when you had the problem again then I would think it is quite possible the 2nd hand switch was broken aswell.

Will go and get another switch, slowly losing the will, not traveling to sheffield anytime soon are you smaky :He He:

Now theres a thought but I already broke, Might push it to end of road get aa to tow me down I off work next 4 weeks I can try pushing

Hi some one has mentioned it may be the sensors PF2C on the acuator for the clutch position, gear selection and engagement, could this be worth a try,

If I was going to pick a sensor at fault then it would be the range sensor, BUT PF2C means nothing, that is a batch number melted into the case of the sensors. the symptoms though do not match the snags normally associated with that sensor.