Alfa156Melb

Grinding / Vibration / Resonance Noise When Clutch Disengaged

Hey Smaky,

Not sure whats going on here.... I noticed a vibration on idle earlier today which is progressively getting louder.

I initially thought it may have been a gearbox mount as there's lost of vibration happening down there. But then I noticed that when the selespeed engaged the clutch, the noise disappeared. When it disengages, it comes back.

The noise is more like a grinding noise, you can also feel it through the car. I know the sele keeps the clutch released at all times except when moving, and in my case the grinding noise is constant - it only goes away when you apply slight throttle, as the clutch engages, the noise goes away...

Clutch release bearing?

Edited by Alfa156Melb

Fixed! Was just a broken exhaust bracket, pretending to be a noisy thrust bearing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If you're talking about the bracket behind the manifold - I cant - mine's missing.. But in my case it was the exhaust flange just in front of the flex.. the bolts had rusted and broken off... by the time I got chance to repair it, the pipe had fallen away and i had a nice straight through system happening :Big Grin:

Happy days really.. now, just gotta find myself a GTA now :) wooohhooo!

Edited by Alfa156Melb