Sign in to follow this  
smiffy

156Gta Headlight Removal (Non Xenon)

How do you take the headlight out? ive undone the 2 nuts and popped out the other thing, do i need to take off the bumper?

If its like the 147 the bumper has to be dropped & moved (might need a helper) or taken off completly i think :(

Fucks sake

Is it easy? The passenger side headlight has conjunctivitis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I can't remember exactly but i think its a few screws along the top of the bumper (easy to see when the bonnet is up) & then in the wheel arches theres some aswell. Then its clips & possibly the wheel arch liners & undertray. If you have headlight washer jets they will need disconnecting too

I didn't ever take mine off but i did have a look at doing it but in the end so much needed doing behind the bumper i just saved up & paid for it all to be done at the same time :LOL:

You can just remove the screws from the front and the side you want to drop as the plastic is flexible enough to allow you to just move it down enough.

Another question can I refurb the lights? Take them out seperate the lenses and re-seal? Would that stop the misting up in the headlamp?

Possibly. But first I'd dry them out and then refit the rear covers with vaseline on the seals.

Vaseline

Now your talking