Sign in to follow this  
orgigeorgie

Assistance In Removing Front Rear Traverse Arms

Hey guys,

So i've removed the rear traverse arms no problems and rebushed them. I however cannot remove the front/inner traverse arms as they foul on the petrol tank.

I've raised the car enough for them to hang thinking that'd be enough but it isn't. Im hoping I don't have to drop the rear subframe off. Any help is appreciated.

I hope that was clear I can try provide some pictures.

Cheers,

George

Smaky (AD's resident tech expert) will be along soon to proffer some sage advice. Hold tight. :thumbs:

if the bolts are siezed in the subframe which I would expect then you can try soaking them in PLUSGAS to see if that loosens the corrosion enough to allow them to slide, otherwise the only option is to drop the subframe, but don't worry too much, if you have the back end supported (I suspect you do) then just remove the 4X 15mm bolts and the frame will fall, the ARB will help keep it up a little and this will make it childsplay to get the arms off.

I see, see I expected the bolts to be firmly in there not to be able to slide. So simple. O give that a go, thank you.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta