leongsoon

Vdc Error On Turning

The brakes on my 156 behaves normally, but every morning, when I first start it, it'll almost always display "VDC Error" as soon as I make a left turn. It'll also show up if I do a left or right turn the first time when starting it up after a few hours. My brake pads are fine and the only error code I get is the one for the Brake Switch Pedal which keeps reappearing every now and then, but the pedal switch is a pretty new item as well.

Every time the error appears, I just pull over, restart, and it'll go away, but it's pretty worrying all the same. Does anybody know what might be the problem? Thanks!

Remove the pedal switch, pukkl the plunger out again, hold the pedal down and refit the switch, if you have MES then you can recalibrate the steering angle sensor too and this may solve it.

I think something is loose at the front left suspension and as such my steering wheel is now off-center as well when the car is going straight! I'll try to sort that loose part out and try calibrating the steering angle sensor! Thanks Smaky!