Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

Reverse Light 'failed'

There's been a couple of times people have said the reverse light hasn't been working on my MiTo but i have always checked it straight away and its been working fine, when i show people where it is they say maybe i didn't see it then but finally i have seen it 'not working' when it should be. There are no bulb failure lights showing on the dash (i'm pretty sure any bulb that had failed should show up?) but it was definatley not working last Thursday. i checked it over the weekend as i was going to replace the bulb and it was working so it cant be the bulb, can it? I looked in the manual for bulb replacements but it just says take it to a dealership to get the reverse light bulb replaced :rolleyes:, i had a quick look and couldn't really see how to get to the light as its in the bottom of the bumper.

Could it be the switch on the gear stick (or wherever it is) that is playing up or should i just take it to a stealership as its still in warranty and let them deal with it?

I used to get that a lot but it was always working fine...

The Irony is ....I don't have a reverse light now I've got the Marrangoni diffuser on but no-one says owt :nonono:

I've got the Marrangoni diffuser on but no-one says owt :nonono:

You need to go to the docs about that

The bulb warning only covers, side, tail and brake lights, it is possible the bult has broken a bayonet pin off, but this is NOT a warranty item, as it's a consumable.

Single #2 Phillips screw to remove the light unit.

I'll take it out & check the fitting then, would a broken bayonet fitting make it occasionaly stop working?

I understand its a consumable so wouldn't take it in for a blown bulb :thumbs:

Yep if the bulbs bouning around then working will be an option, if after changing the bulb it persists, then it's either loom (either a dodgy plug or bad earth), fuse or switch (on the gearbox).

I'll change the bulb & have a look at the fitting in the light 1st to see if its anything obvious :)

I'll keep checking to see if it stops working again after that, thanks for the help :thumbs: