Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

P0237 - Map Sensor Fault?

As an experiment I unplugged the MAF and took it for a drive, it seemed to make very little difference, but it did seem more responsive below 2K rpm and slightly down on power above 2.5K, the EML came on every time I took it above 3K.

That sounds bad. Hope you are able to get it sorted. I'm not convinced the premium diesel is worth the extra. I've found my car runs smoother with a shot of 2 stroke oil in the tank..only a drop mind.

I've plugged the MAF back in now.

The car is fine as long as I keep the revs under 3k, but it would be nice for it to work properly, considering the engine has 184,000 miles it still goes well. :)

So a month has flown by and the car's done it again! The cleaning lasted all of a month, time for some more cleaning. It makes me think the entire system, turbo and all could probably do with a clean.

Error code was P0237 again - Turbocharger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit Low. I need to arrange a visit to Swindon soon I think.

Yep, you don't want to drive to Smaky's old house and be bewildered by the lack of Alfas. :Confused:

That's how I discovered he had moved. :LOL: