Sign in to follow this  
smiffy

Odd Squealing Noise

This is a strange one (for me anyways) it only happens about 30mins into a journey, there's a load squealing noise from the drivers side wheel area, seems to change tone now and again but seems to get worse as driving carries on. Doesn't seem to happen at low speeds and when I brake. Is it a wheel bearing totally fooked or do I need new discs and pads??? The discs have a step on them so I will be replacing them anyway. Any thoughts?

156 GTA by the way

Guest Tony156

Let the fucking cat out of the engine compartment, you're cooking his arse on the radiator....

Let the fucking cat out of the engine compartment, you're cooking his arse on the radiator....

Funny you should say that tony the one cat is fucked anyway :(

K9d good shout but the squeal stops when I brake and sounds like metal to metal :(

When you stop is it hot round where the noise is? (When you put your hand in the wheel arch/wheel) Could be something sticking every now & again?

If I remember correctly, you still have the stock GTA 305mm brake setup, so what is probably happening is that one of the pistons is siezing up when the calipers warmed up a bit, replacing the discs and pads wont solve this as it's the caliper which needs an overhaul.

It's got 330's would that still be the same problem thou

it happens to those too, just costs more for the kit

On second thoughts.. it could be one of Neds customers trapped in there

it happens to those too, just costs more for the kit

On second thoughts.. it could be one of Neds customers trapped in there

Tart dont start keep it on topic

So I need to order new pads, discs, and calliper refurb kit? Aswell as sort the cat problem out

Fucking great where's that 'how much' thread

Reading

If I remember correctly, you still have the stock GTA 305mm brake setup, so what is probably happening is that one of the pistons is siezing up when the calipers warmed up a bit, replacing the discs and pads wont solve this as it's the caliper which needs an overhaul.

This has reminded me of a similar problem on my 156, but at the rear, it squealed after a while but if I pulled the handbrake on a couple of notches it went, it also went when I braked.

Turned out to be a stuck caliper, which had worn the pad down to the metal by the time I got it to Smaky's.

So best place to get refurb kit? Also discs and pads, drilled and grooved :D they make a cool noise when braking

Fuck me I'm gonna have to rob a rich grannie

P.s. only joking

:LOL: Its probly a good idea to change the brake fluid anyway (unless its been done recently?) thats a job you can do another time though along with the hoses ;)