Sign in to follow this  
kam-325i

Am I Reading This Right ?

Finally got around to getting the 156 Selespeed on the AlfaDiag.....

I am having no problems with the car, i just wanted to see the condition of the selespeed system, Checking the Pressure's and clutch rod length thingy.....

Using the demo of alfadiag (the dnecudiag v3.5.0.3 one), which sensor do i pick for the clutch rod length......?

If its is "Clutch Actuator Position", then i think i may have a problem somewhere......

AlfaDiag (dnecudiag) is showing the Clutch Actuator Position as 16.5mm.......

How can it be like this and cause me no problems with the car ?

Anyone help........

Firstly anything the trial version of Alfadiag is telling you wont be correct, the trial version will only read fault codes, it wont even allow you to clear them, so it's pointless. Secondly Alfadiag is a waste of money, get yourself Multiecuscan, it can use more cable options, connects to more ECUs on the car and wont drop out every 10 seconds.

Other thatn that, can you describe what the car is doing then I may be able to assist.

Hiya Smaky (Sounds wrong ! )

The car runs fine, no problems with it at all......

As i have not had the car long, about 3 months, i was just checking the state of the of the hydraulic system and the clutch rod length. I believe in preventive maintainence with cars, (Old BMW's & a Lancia Prisma ) and like to stay on top of any mechanical problems before they get serious.....

i'll get the other OBD program on it then and ignore the alfadiag demo.....

Edited by kam-325i

just tried the other OBD program, but it wont connect......

DnEcuDiag and AlfaOBD work and connect fine......

i think i may need to play around with the COM port settings....

OK, i finally got MultiEcuScan working......

Ive got a reading of 29.6mm for the clutch rod thingy.

Do i need to do any calibration or sync'ing of the selespeed system once i have adjusted the clutch rod actuator back down to 28.00mm ?

Yes, once you've wound it down to 28 - 28.5 then lock it off, calibrate and check length again to see if there is any potential clutch wear

You'd need a Boroscope or remove the gearbox, but if the length fluctuates wildly whilst the engine is running then it's a good sign the clutch is shot.

Is it the "Production/Service Final Calibration" or the "Clutch Self calibration enable" i have to do after setting the clutch rod length ?