Sign in to follow this  
Dman

Engine Probs...plus

Well my 156 has decided to die tonight on the way home confused.gifmad.gif,hope someone can help with ideas what may be up.....

It started ok but when driving home it seem to stutter,then loose all power and stall,then when restarted it appears to sound very lumpy (not very technical i know)..then it clears for a bit then stalls again....seems very different symptoms at once??

The car is a Q-system and looses drive etc when it stalls...it has been raining hard here if that may be something....

Any help with what i should check etc would be most greatful....

Could it have sucked up any water and fooked the maf

Would the MAF make the car loose drive?? forgot to mention that the engine management light/gearbox warning light/battery light all come on off when its playing up....

dodgy battery? or battery connections? when the battery was going on my GTA all sorts of weird things happened :)

dodgy battery? or battery connections? when the battery was going on my GTA all sorts of weird things happened :)

Cheers will check that tomorrow....had a new battery about 3 months ago

The maf would make the car run a bit lumpy and would of thought it might make it stall if sending the wrong info to the ECU, also it brings the msc light on if disconnected so if its totally fooked I assume it would come up the same.

I had a Laguna that went completely mental when the battery went, it talked to you to tell you what problems you had the bloody thing didn't shut up. :LOL:

Well my 156 has decided to die tonight on the way home confused.gifmad.gif,hope someone can help with ideas what may be up.....

It started ok but when driving home it seem to stutter,then loose all power and stall,then when restarted it appears to sound very lumpy (not very technical i know)..then it clears for a bit then stalls again....seems very different symptoms at once??

The car is a Q-system and looses drive etc when it stalls...it has been raining hard here if that may be something....

Any help with what i should check etc would be most greatful....

First off, have fault codes read, then depending on the codes which show we can move on to other diagnosis. My money is on a clogged air filter if you've been through the puddles, but that's a guess. Really need to check those codes.

Boost control valve and MAF, I'd first ensure all the vacumm lines are sound and that the boost hoses are secure and not split.

Boost control valve and MAF, I'd first ensure all the vacumm lines are sound and that the boost hoses are secure and not split.

Cheers I will check them tomorrow,me being a bit thick....why do you think the car works fine from time to time then plays up?? if a hose was split would it not be a problem all the time??

Also what is the boost control valve

Cheers

checked hoses etc,could not see any split etc....fitted new Bosch MAF aswell to eliminate this....but problem still happens,is there anything that the Q-system gearbox sensor wise which could be causing this??

Well recheck codes today after new MAF fitted.....now codes 0100 1701 and 1702 are showing...bloody car....huff

Are you absoloutely sure none of the hoses are split, including vacumm lines?