Sign in to follow this  
smiffy

overheating GTA........i think

right everything might be allright but i'm a bit worried. car starts and drives fine doesn't loose water and using the same amount of oil as it always has. now the problem is that if i drive hard and then stay at say 80mph the temp goes right past 90 and stays there (red light doesn't come on). it then takes ages for the temp to go back down to 90. it will sometimes rise back and come back down. all the hoses have been replaced with silicone ones. now could the rad be shot or when the cam belt was done last someone never changed the water pump for a metal one and that is shot or something else is shot or i'm just worring about nothing. Just thought that the temp should stay at a constant 90 when driving :Confused:

any help would be good ta

:Confused: but it does it all the time, rises falls rises falls rises falls, surely an airlock would just overheat straight away and the red light comes on. if it is how do i get rid?

Air locks can move around. If its where the sensir is it will read hot. If it moves it wont.

It may not be, but as you've had the cooling system apart recently to fit hoses it would be my first suspect.

Not sure on the bleeding methods for these cars, do they have bleed nipples, are they 'self bleeding'?

I like nipples me will have a hunt later

I suspect there's nothing wrong but pluging it in to live diagnostics would show exactly what the temp is, at worst here I would think it's a fan resistor for the low speed fan or the radiator is just a little past its best before date.

its getting worse so gonna go for it and have a cambelt and waterpump change (due next year anyway) and also change the rad and have a oil change. Driving like miss fucking daisy at the mo its fucking shamefull

All sorted :thumbs: :thumbs: the water pump was fooked like proper fooked, plastic shite. Also 4 worn cams and some lifters were fooked as well :( but I get her back mon/tues!!!! I'm gonna make love to it so hard :D :D

The garage, mate they are worn I've seen them compared to new ones fooked

I can get the cams, I've seen them against new ones Why ? don't you think they needed changing. The lifters where fooked aswell

I can get the cams, I've seen them against new ones Why ? don't you think they needed changing. The lifters where fooked aswell

It's not whether they are worn or not, but where all that material which has worn off them has gone, normally it makes its way to the sump where it ends up having a nice munch on the big end shells, if it's simplys who are doing this then I'd certainly be after garentees for this possibility.

And cams don't wear down for no reason... I'd be trying to find out why? Low oil pressure? low oil? Or is it just that the coating has worn off as they all do on the mating surface.

theyve dropped the oil and changed it, suspected wrong oil used at some stage. its done 117,000 miles anyway

It's not whether they are worn or not, but where all that material which has worn off them has gone, normally it makes its way to the sump where it ends up having a nice munch on the big end shells, if it's simplys who are doing this then I'd certainly be after garentees for this possibility.

picking it up tomorrow so will ask