Sign in to follow this  
MrsAlfa

GTA Economy

A lot of people have told me that they don't get good fuel economy from their GTA.

I went out in the GTA the other day, from my house in Sharnbrook, Beds to the village hall in Steeple Aston, Oxfordshire. The journey was part country roads, part dual carriageway, part A roads, lots of junctions, stopping and starting, and the total journey was about 115 miles. This was the result ....

IMAG0567.jpg

Average on mine is 20.5 mpg i think.

Got this pic on saturday though, its a 'before the fuel light came on' & after :LOL:

5ac1b29d-dba5-df47.jpg

Then i filled up, yes it does say 145 miles to a full tank :$

5ac1b29d-dbc9-95d4.jpg

I was at traffic lights so had to rush that pic :)

WTF thats not far..............

2 reasons

first how come i can't get my car to that MPG

second still havn't got my GTA at the mo :cry:

i'm going show you actual MPG on my car going round the clover leaf when i get it back. think i got it down to 10mpg once :evil:

Just been looking through the pics on my phone ive taken of the mpg thing, some good & some bad :|

5ac1b29d-fb0f-0e3f.jpg

:cool: that was when i just got it back from the body repair place so was still driving like a Grandad in a volvo estate :)

5ac1b29d-fb7d-b601.jpg

Bit of a difrence :LOL:

You'll have to speak to Andy - I don't know how he does it! Although when I drive it, it's the same so it must be the car! He doesn't drive it like a granny though, I know that, he scares me shitless sometimes!

:LOL:

I don't think living in watford is a great help, its a bastard of a place for driving as there doesn't seem to be anyway of avoiding being sat in traffic :grr: it takes ages just to get across watford so for the 1st 20-30 mins im usually stop start all the time then when i do get 'free' i usually end up making loads of noise cos i like it :$:facepalm:

You'll have to borrow it & see if you can get it any better :LOL:

This thread makes me sad.

No offence mrsa, but you are wasting that car. :(

I don't think living in watford is a great help, its a bastard of a place for driving as there doesn't seem to be anyway of avoiding being sat in traffic :grr: it takes ages just to get across watford so for the 1st 20-30 mins im usually stop start all the time then when i do get 'free' i usually end up making loads of noise cos i like it :$:facepalm:

Happily ... as long as you're paying for the fuel!

This thread makes me sad.

No offence mrsa, but you are wasting that car. :(

No, we're conserving a collector's piece. Do you know, it's 10 years old, and it's nearly worth what we paid for it?!

Plus, like I say, it does get ragged around! Doesn't need a lot of welly to get the noise though, because of the Scorpion .... :teehee:

:cool::thumbs:

A quick question though, how do you get the trip B to show up? :)

No, we're conserving a collector's piece.

this sentence makes the baby jesus cry.

:cool::thumbs:

A quick question though, how do you get the trip B to show up? :)

Just keep pressing the button and it goes through all the options, I think.

No, we're conserving a collector's piece.

this sentence makes the baby jesus cry.

:nonono:

ok thanks :thumbs: only had it a year and a bit :$. is trip B the 1 you can reset when you do a journey so you knoiw what its used over that journey ? im not entirely sure if the button works on mine because sometimes when i press it i get diffrent options to another time i press it :LOL: worth a try though :thumbs:

I think so. TBH it's not my car, so I don't drive it often and I'm not allowed to play with the buttons :$

if buttons weren't to be messed with, they'd all be switches :thumbs: