Sign in to follow this  
Anjenha

Future ideas and concepts

It's the 60th anniversary of the disco Volante (Alfa Romeo 1900 C52) this year. Because of that fact a celebratory concept has been created by Alfa and Superleggera, which will be unveiled at the 2012 motor show in Geneva

Based on the 8C, with a 4.7 litre Maserati engine, and 450bhp, apparently it will eventually be made for sale... Ooh!

The original (can't get pics via stupid phone :( ) was an aerodynamic masterpiece which now looks dated and very '50s. Alfa promise this new concept will be just as groundbreaking as the last.

The new rear wheel drive :omg: Spider has been put off til 2014 and still nothing much is known if the design. Lots of both pretty and ugly designs are doing the rounds, the favourite in most cases being pininfarina's 2uettottanta concept :omnom:

But it keeps being put off, set back, which is disheartening.

There are plans for a Giulietta face lift, and a five door face lift Mito in 2014. The Giulia is still shrouded in mystery, despite supposedly being unveiled this year :| and there's a rumour that there will be an Alfa SUV :o Apparently the 169 is no longer happening, but there is again a 'rumour' that it may be produced for unveiling in 2014. (we'll see)

The idea is to get Alfa back into the US and some of the models will be produced there.

As ever everything is to be taken with a pinch if salt, it's Alfa Romeo :rolleyes: but it's very good to think that there are a lot of plans and ideas flying around Alfa HQ.

Sorry :$ not a great deal of info, but I get excited at the idea of 'new and exciting'

All sounds very exciting ... but I'm not holding my breath ...!!!

Me either

Hence

As ever everything is to be taken with a pinch if salt, it's Alfa Romeo :rolleyes: but it's very good to think that there are a lot of plans and ideas flying around Alfa HQ.