Sign in to follow this  
leongsoon

Selespeed oil warning light keeps blinking and beeping

Hi all! Newbie from Malaysia here! I have a 2002 156 2.0TS, a Selespeed with the new interior and dashboard display. When I first got the car it has a habit of spitting Selespeed fluid from the oil tank breather hose when parked, since then I've rerouted the breather hose into a small bottle with a ventilation hole and that has solved the oil leak problem; hadn't had to refill ATF-III in weeks and the fluid level remains nicely at MAX.

Beginning from Sunday, the Selespeed oil warning light blinks and beeps for 2 seconds every 10 seconds. With the key turned to MAR, the beeping comes after every minute or gearchange. I've covered roughly 30 kilometers on Sunday and Monday and the problem persists, car hasn't been driven since then. While driving, the car changes gear as usual with no problem at all; I can engage all gears with the engine on or off. It doesn't go into N automatically, and keeping the car in 1st gear at the lights is no problem either. The pump runs for 2-3 seconds when I open the drivers door. I believe it is also the pump I hear running with every gearchange while in MAR.

The actuator has been replaced less than 3 months ago, and there isn't any leak I can detect. I've removed, checked and used contact cleaner on most relays, fuses, and wires around and under the battery, but still no luck in getting rid of the blinking warning light and beeping. Swapping the relays around makes no difference either.

I think I've tried checking out almost everything within my capability, so I'd appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me on what could be causing the problem. I think the pump should be alright so is it possible that the accumulator is failing?

Btw, I've downloaded FIATECUSCAN and will soon purchase a OBD-II VAGCOM KKL cable. Is there anything in particular I should look out for when choosing a cable? Many thanks for advice that may come :)

Yep! I've a spare actuator and accumulator previously removed from the car, swapped the accumulator on Thursday! Only niggle was it failed to go into reverse or even numbered gears the very same night after some use, treated the wires and fuses to some contact cleaner and it has been fine so far! Thanks you!