Sign in to follow this  
Smaky

Easy day

Went for the mot today with the workhorse 2000 156 Sele, sailed though, not even a cautionary. That is all.

5284daf4-7f03-4774.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk! Because I'm on tour!

They tried to fail it for a wheel bearing, could tell it was a work generator when they started talking about a press. I asked them hw many they'd done on Alfas and he admited none, I then informed him of how to do it and then informed him that it was only 3 months old anyway, got him to put it on the ramp and show me the notchyness, which I pointed out to him was the pads rocking with the change of direction... the tit.

Well there you are - I know these people try it on more often than not. Trouble is, I know sod all about cars, so I have to take things on trust. :rolleyes:

I only went there because it's a £30 MOT place, also a bit of an Arthur Daleys and the 2nd hand sales folk obviously forgot I was sat there, A customer had obviously just had an issue with the brakes on the car he'd bought, head guys response was, cover mouth piece, ask the assistant if he was a nice guy then check out the price of the pads, said to the assistant they're only 20 quid we'll do this one, the assistant said he'd only bought it 2 days ago. ten I must have let out a bit ofa sarcastic laugh, the door to the office was closed and the guy arrived 5 minutes later to drop off the car, as he came in I greeted him, a nieghbour of ours who'd just bought a '58 plate 5 series which I'd actually looked at the night before and advised him to take it back for a full refund as I found the front cross member buckled and A/C rad pushed back onto the rad, having paid full book price for it he wasn't impressed and as I'd just got my pass cert off them I assisted him in getting a full refund for the car as it was clearly a cat D recovered car. The manager clearly was not impressed as he said he's off to look at something reliable, italian and chep to repair.. he's now the proud owner of a 2005 20V 156 SW.... £23K cheaper and handles twice as nice. Hopefully another one to join our number.

Took another 156 there again today, again it's got a nochy N/S rear wheel bearing???? Guess what the mechanic did when he saw me come in with the owner to pick the car up....

... VOSA are aware of the situation.

Took another 156 there again today, again it's got a nochy N/S rear wheel bearing???? Guess what the mechanic did when he saw me come in with the owner to pick the car up....

... VOSA are aware of the situation.

Oooh they're so naughty!!

And you keep going back there why?

I have been there once, I went back witha friend to see if they tried it again, they did so we got Vosa involved, I don't like the guy that runs the place, he's a bit like Ned and I only used them as I noticed my MOT wasup and they were the only place with a slot that day, gonna cost them more though in the long run now for their shananagans

Fair enough, good call getting vosa in on it. Theres too many bent mot places out there.

I tend to avoid any that charge too little, they will always try to make their money in other ways.