Sign in to follow this  
Kanoxia

Random cut out

Ok bear with me been a while since I posted due to the job.

Drove my car to Bristol Airport a couple of weeks ago, never missed a beat after being stood for a while. Came back and managed to get almost all the way home before the car cut out on a country road and stopped.

When I say cut out I mean that over a period of about 200yds the car suddenly lost power, no noticeable forwarning. Eventually the engine cut out and I lost all steering etc but managed to stop and pull it over. Car turned over fine but wouldnt start. All lights etc worked and there were no fault codes showing on the dash.

I rang breakdown but 5 minutes after getting off the phone with them it sprang into life first turn of the key :facepalm:

Managed to get it home, again acting completely normal and I thought nothing more of it.

Today same thing happened again, loss of power leading to eventual engine cut out and the obligatory breakdown call only for it to start again after being off for 5-10 mins. Drove home fine.

I cant for the life of me think what is going wrong. Battery is fine, all fluids etc are normal. Any Ideas?

Due to the cold weather atm it is more than likely the Crank sensor is on the way out and the engine is cooling quicker than usual which is allowing it to start so soon afterwards. If it is the crank sensor then it's worth replacing it but diagnostics should flag it up if it is so.

I thought if you had a code, the management light came on?

Sorry, no... :nonono:

You need a laptop, an OBDII/usb cable and either FiatECUScan or AlfaDiag to plug in and read the error codes. :thumbs:

Alternatively you could take the car to your local stealers, let them rob you, make an incorrect diagnosis and advise you that whatever part they've decided to sell you is only available as part of a major assembly... At a cost higher than the value of your car... :rant:

I thought if you had a code, the management light came on?

Sorry, no... :nonono:

You need a laptop, an OBDII/usb cable and either FiatECUScan or AlfaDiag to plug in and read the error codes. :thumbs:

Alternatively you could take the car to your local stealers, let them rob you, make an incorrect diagnosis and advise you that whatever part they've decided to sell you is only available as part of a major assembly... At a cost higher than the value of your car... :rant:

hehe... ahhhh :)

He doesn't need a laptop and he wont go near a stealers, mainly because I live a mile away.

He's a lucky bastard then... :thumbs:

Ever thought of emigrating to NZ Smaky...? ;)

Mind you, he does live in Wiltshire and they have a lot of sheep in NZ so it would be similar ...

Mind you, he does live in Wiltshire and they have a lot of sheep in NZ so it would be similar ...

Better to move to Australia.. we also have sheep, only our sheep are decent conservative fold.. not the sexual deviant sheep they have over in NZ...

Our's go 'Baaaahhhhh" :bat:

Theirs go 'oooh baarrh mmm' :gay:

I used to live in Wiltshire - there are a lot of sheep there.

You must have been in the deep south then.

Arrrr

I used to live in Wiltshire - there are a lot of sheep there.

You must have been in the deep south then.

Arrrr

Bloody Pagans!!!