Sign in to follow this  
chrisw4266

aux belt failure

Doh almost forgot what was working in Germany like Smaky ? I ask coz we're going on to 4 day weeks on the first of January so I'll be losing £5000 a year an have been thinking of working abroad, but with the euro thing it maybe worse over there than here

Doh almost forgot what was working in Germany like Smaky ? I ask coz we're going on to 4 day weeks on the first of January so I'll be losing £5000 a year an have been thinking of working abroad, but with the euro thing it maybe worse over there than here

Germany is the most stable of the euro zone country's, and it's reported they have been printing deutschemarks for sometime, also Germany has very little debt compared to over euro zone countries so I'd say it's pretty safe!

Good to know Kev, just need a stable job the motor trade is getting to seasonal garages laying staff off then taking them on when it picks up again. Our place is OK but last year they laid one lad off just as he was about to come out of his six month probation. Then took me on 7 months later now they've said go on to 4 days or we'll start redundancy meetings. Luckily the guys in the work shop all opted for 4 days or I'd be unemployed coz I've only been there six months so would have cost the f**k all to get rid of me !!

Plastic crap :( That's why.

The bearings get hot and the plastic can crack.

Anytime the cambelt is done, do these tensioners (Same on Ford and Vauxhall)

15-20 mins to change according to Mechanic Hubby, who seems to think he can do it in under ten :LOL:

two 5mm allen keys and a 16mm and 10mm Spanner :thumbs:

Your right on the timing but you may find it's the teflon rubbing strip between the 2 metal halves of the tensioner which has worn away and allowed the tensioner to go squiffy and throw the belt.