Sign in to follow this  
snowy

sidelights..indicators

Hello..i have a Spider 916 and have just found a problem with my indicators..they work ok until i switch on the lights, then the sidelights flash on both sides regardless of which indicator i put on. the indicators both suides also flash but very faintly. also when i switch on the hazards the sidelights flash instead..and nothing from the front indicators..puzzling!

First thing to check is the earth points for the light units themselves, but chances are that the stalk is burnt out and will need replacement.

i've gone through all the wiring from the connector by the washer bottle..checked it with a circuit tester and the indicator feed to the connector is ok..and from the indicator is ok...but somehow between there and the light unit they seem to change over....the light stalk will be my next move i think.. thanks.

Smakey..Any idea what may be causing this problem with the headlights on my mito :Confused:

When I put the headlights on, the beam is really dull and does not project any

light onto the road..

In contrast if I switch to DRL's they are a lot brighter than they are usually

but no dashboard lights.

I drive around with the front fogs on now to be able to see where I'm going

till I can get them checked.

PS The main beam works perfectly :Confused:

Cheers

NB, you need to get you car back to the dealer and have the body computer replaced and scuttle draid cleared, there is absoloutly no reason for your car to be doing this so early in its life and it's not the first I've seen like it, the fault is a transistor on the BC board itself and as all Mitos are still under warranty do it sooner than later. If you weredown south I could plug in and get the codes for you, but there's no point, you need the BC.

Thanks matey, problem is I got the car used but not from

an official AR dealer so only got the 2 yr warranty...And I've had problems with CV's Nottingham before.

Basically they told me to naff off cos I didn't get it from an AR dealer.

Just had a thought though could it be something to do with the HUD I've fitted as that is plugged into the OBD socket :Confused:

If I need to get it done I'll probably use an Indie( AFH 1 )in Mansfield, do you

think they'll be able to sort it ?

Cheers

The Hud, mmmm, possibly, it's talking to all the circuits concerned so try unplugging it and see what does. As far as a dealer saying that, if the car was an official UK import and has full service history then they cannot refuse to repair it on warranty as it's failed within 3 years (2 year warranty or not), it is unreasonable for it to have done this in this time period and the dealer wouldn't be paying for it anyway.

OK mate I'll try the HUD route 1st as it's a recent addition and a recent problem with the lights.

Will unplug it in the morning when I go to work.. Will let you know, thanks for your help

Well it's now't to do with the HUD, so looks like a trip to the dealer unfortunately...

That should be interesting again ...

It may have been the HUD and the damage is done, so if you remove it before you go you'll stand more chance of a freebie.

Yayy! fixed it!!

After a diligent search i finally found the fault. it turned out to be one of the earth wires coming from the multiway connector had a break in the insulation and was picking up a live feed from somewhere. a bit of dampness and a recipe for problems. the break was almost inside the connector and very easy to miss, and as i wiggled it the wire broke. so i just ran it to a clean earth point on the body and everything worked fine!!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Snowy.

What a dumb shit for brains am I ... :$

Bloody light bulb holders had fallen out of the lenses so all they were lighting up was the engine bay :facepalm:

The holders seem to fit where they touch :rolleyes:

Panic over though :thumbs: