Sign in to follow this  
Retro-Pete

After market stereo in Facelift 156

Hi guys, Am looking to buy an after market stereo for my ipod to connect and have bose sub box that I want to modify (external amp) for my 156 54 plate jtd and would like to retain the steering wheel controls!

Anyone have any experiances they'd like to share??

Thanks in advance, Pete :thumbs:

Hi guys, Am looking to buy an after market stereo for my ipod to connect and have bose sub box that I want to modify (external amp) for my 156 54 plate jtd and would like to retain the steering wheel controls!

Anyone have any experiances they'd like to share??

Thanks in advance, Pete :thumbs:

The Bose system uses high level inputs to the amp unlike the usual RCA leads that other "normal" amps use, you could obviously fit an aftermarket amp and wire it directly to the subs terminals bypassing the Bose amp, making it basically a standard wiring setup, also Autoleads do a replacement facia panel and wiring harness so that aftermarket stereos can still use the wheel controls.

If its just your ipod you want to connect, why not get the kit that connects your ipod into the cd changer plug and can control it from the stereo??

If its just your ipod you want to connect, why not get the kit that connects your ipod into the cd changer plug and can control it from the stereo??

OMG

always run after Market stereos in my cars as my cars have always only had tape players :Confused:

Anyway, in the red spider I had a Sony xplod head...could I find an iPod kit that worked? Could I fuck :grump:

The current spidey has a headunit with USB facilities :D

OMG

always run after Market stereos in my cars as my cars have always only had tape players :Confused:

Anyway, in the red spider I had a Sony xplod head...could I find an iPod kit that worked? Could I fuck :grump:

The current spidey has a headunit with USB facilities :D

PMSL, those Xplod units had a 10% chance of working when new, the red baron had one when I bought it, took 3 days for me to get off my arse and fit in a nice luxurious Kenwood KDC-BT61U because why bother with a good stereo and a seperate hands free kit or Ipod controls when the this beaut will do it all by bluetooth with built in Parrot system and a USB flylead for you to either plug in the phone for charging, playing choonz etc, when the caller is displayed on screen, the phone connects automatically, it will self answer and you don't even have to take the phone from your crevase. :congrats:

hi mate... u would want something like the alpine MARINE series.... x100m is nice.. they are silver and w/ a silver adaptor facia wont look too bad...

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x100m

specifically made for the ipod and yes, you can get some connect2 adaptors to retain steering wheel controls + even an alpine to iso harness to simply wiring (some mods needed)

adaptors/harness all from nexia.co.uk

specifically made for the ipod and yes, you can get some connect2 adaptors to retain steering wheel controls + even an alpine to iso harness to simply wiring (some mods needed)

The Kenwood KDC-BT61U is all that too.