Sign in to follow this  
Jamz3k

Unreliable heap of junk

The first evening we've had that is remotely cold and the battery the 147 dies. Never met a more infuriating car as this one! :rant:

Its had a MCU, a alternator and more batteries than I can shake a stick at but leave it over 24hours without use, even less when its cold and the car just wont start. :nonono:

Missus is now stuck in the middle of nowhere freezing whilst I wait for the recovery guy as I don't have my charger.

:facepalm: Could happen to any car

have the charge rate checked as well as the battery load tested, if ok then something is drawing current

perhaps the lights or radio was left on? or matbe the battery just needs a good charge for few hours

Light out warning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk! Because I'm on tour!

No, aint had a light out warning in quite a while. Hopefully this hasn't jinxed it. :LOL:

Light out warning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk! Because I'm on tour!

No, aint had a light out warning in quite a while. Hopefully this hasn't jinxed it. :LOL:

Where you at? I'm on tour tomorrow with the tool kit.

Possiblely a bit too far Smaky, I'm over in Northern Ireland. Cheers for the offer though!

Got myself a tester kit at the start of the week. Just going to have to check which circuit is drawing a fuse.

Have you got any advice on doing this, I hear you have to leave the car off for around 15minutes with the door closed etc. I take it that means I'll have to just stay in the car and wait?

Car has started to act like a child again. Battery and alternator both checked and are sweet. Went thru all the fuses in the car to see if anything was drawing anything significant when it was turned off which their wasn't.

Completely stumped.

I have even started looking at a cheap motor on gumtree as I really can't afford to have an unreliable car during winter.

Out checking again today Smaky and does this sound right to you.

With the battery connected to the car but with the power off, if i check the battery its between 13.8/14volts and with the car running it jumps up to 16volts?

Out checking again today Smaky and does this sound right to you.

With the battery connected to the car but with the power off, if i check the battery its between 13.8/14volts and with the car running it jumps up to 16volts?

Your multimetre a bit dodgy? Both readings sound a touch high. ( a single volt too high)