Sign in to follow this  
alfaholic 001

idling problem

It was the red seal between the intake and the throttle body, i was about to replace the intake manifold again when i noticed that the seal was flush with the manifold, so i replaced it and the car no longer cuts out BUT its stil got a bit of a low idle, is there any way to adjust it?

I just arrived back at home took the car for a highway run, when i left home the fuel gauge was at half. When i returned it was quarter and i done 160km. I drove hard at times (180km/h) and normal (130km/h). is that good consumption?

since the car has been running rich over the last week, could it be possible that the lambda sensor is maybe dirty? could i just clean it? will it be the cause of the hard starting when engine is warm?

and yes the thermostat is stuck open because on idle it runs at 90 and when moving it drops down to 60

since the car has been running rich over the last week, could it be possible that the lambda sensor is maybe dirty? could i just clean it? will it be the cause of the hard starting when engine is warm?

and yes the thermostat is stuck open because on idle it runs at 90 and when moving it drops down to 60

Replace both of those and it will probably sort itself out.

Smaky

I have replaced the Lambda sensor tonight and have driven the car, still no difference yet, will be changing the thermostat soon

Just want to know if the spark plugs being worn could cause rough idle??

Have you pulled the coil packs and checked for drowning plugs yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So chew on those apples!

If it's a CF2 then unplugging the coils doesn't work as each coil runs 2 cylinders and this masks a problem coil, you need to remove them and check the resistance across them lead to lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So chew on those apples!