Sign in to follow this  
Ralf S.

CV Gaitor boot

Ivanna, the Polish lap-dancer from across the road has a split CV boot on her Renoort Megane Coupe...

Obviously the sight of her pert bosoms heaving with grief :whistle: as she described with anguish, the misery that her pending MOT failure would bring, brought a tear to my eye so I offered to swap it for a new one.

What's involved? It's the outer CV boot (behind the wheel hub).

I'm expecting just to unbolt everything (wheel and disc) .. but then what?

Do I have to remove the hub (special tool?) to get the boot onto the drive shaft?

What are those CV boot fitting cones for? Surely I just stick the boot onto the drive shaft, re-fit the hub and then pull the boot over it (fixing with a strap)?

All help appreciated (expecting Ivanna to be seriously grateful.. :D)

Ralf S.

On the Megane what you do is, open the petrol flap, remove the cap and place a burning rag in there, step back and the watch Ivannas booty jiggle as she ruffles her hair.

Or

1. Remove the Hub nut,

2. Remove the front caliper slider bolts and pull the calliper away from the disc.

3. Disconnect the lower ball joint and drop link.

4. seperate the hub from the lower arm.

5. Pull the hub away from the shaft/CV joint.

6. If you have a cone then cut the old boot off, place the greased up cone over the cv joint, and push the new CV joint down the cone and onto the shaft and clamp it in position.

7. If you don't have a cone then you can seperat the cv joint from the shaft by placing a fork type splitter against the shaft, pushing on 2 of the 6 legs of the spider and strike the splitter firmly with a large hammer to overcome the ring clip that holds them together. care must be taken not to pop the inner CV from the gearbox or you'll spill oil on the floor.

Forget the boot thingy and just give her a MOT I WOULD :evil: