Sign in to follow this  
smiffy

GT OR GTA

is it much different from your other 156? (thats a 2.5 V6 innit?)

i didnt even test drive mine (or start it up) before i got it as it wasn't roadworthy and the battery was knackered :LOL:. i bought it just on what it looked like, travelled 600 miles altogether to get it and coming from a 1.6 147 it scared the shit out of me :LOL: i nearly took the back off another car on the 1st roundabout as i wasn't used to pulling away with that amount of power before and then when i wheelspun it out of the shell garage i got a few looks from passers by :$ still, nearly had it a year now and i really don't know what i couldor would change it for :)

:biglol::biglol:

well thats another problem, i know this sounds crazy but my 156 v6 seems a bit more potent :Confused: i only have to genty press the accelator pedal and its off, when i tested the GTA there was a lot of travel on the pedal but the engine rev'd, may just be different set ups and may need to get used to it(didn't really want to rag it around just incase i broke it). but the handling is much better alot more reponsive :D

It might be different in a different GTA, i drove a mates 147 GTA when i got the headunit fitted in mine and it felt different to mine, felt like it picked up quicker so maybe try a couple of different cars (even if you don't want to buy them it might be worth giving a few cars a try :thumbs:)

If it was me, I would probably go with the GTA.

The reason being, it is rarer. A 3.2 GT looks pretty much the same as the 1.8 and Diesel, where as the GTA looks different to other 156's.

Having said that I would also consider an E46 M3 as well.

If it was me, I would probably go with the GTA.

The reason being, it is rarer. A 3.2 GT looks pretty much the same as the 1.8 and Diesel, where as the GTA looks different to other 156's.

Yes but any GT looks better than any 156 and that includes the gta.

Do the decent thing GT 3.2

my mate i.w.t isn't going to be happy sorry.

Gone for the GTA, there is fook all between them, the gt as my man said is better looking then any 156 and too a degree better looking then the GTA, but i think the GTA has more presence, and all the gt's that i have looked in my price range havent had the Q2 done and the GTA has. So now i have the month to get the rest of the dough together :D

Black, 17" teledials, black leather interior, new stainless back box, Q2, erm...... Bose, think its got a winter pack (heated seats i think) take some pics when i get it

Sounds great :thumbs: i do like the black 156 GTA's :cool: not quite so keen on 147 GTA's in black though :Confused:

Gone for the GTA, there is fook all between them, the gt as my man said is better looking then any 156 and too a degree better looking then the GTA, but i think the GTA has more presence, and all the gt's that i have looked in my price range havent had the Q2 done and the GTA has. So now i have the month to get the rest of the dough together :D

At least your sticking with the Alfa brand mate :thumbs:

Unlike some people :whistle:

At least your sticking with the Alfa brand mate :thumbs:

Unlike some people :whistle:

didn't fancy a boring Golf Tdi thingy in silver :whistle:

:LOL::LOL:

Have a very big decison to make

do i get either a 1.9 diesel gt 3.2 gt or a 156 gta, ive test driven a 156 gta today in black (awesome colour) although high mileage the body work is in top condition no stone chips, couple of things that need doing on it but nothing major, need to find a 3.2gt to test drive.

but the 156 gta has an awesome stance

so guys and girls what do ya think

answers on a post card :D

If I was to get a 3.2 it would be a 156 GTA, the reasoning is that the oil cooler pipes which are a common fault on the 3.2GT are no longer available whereas on the GTA it takes a day to get them down from Warrington. The 1,9 JTDm in this discussion is just you inner old man trying to reason you out of a decent bit of fun.

Have a very big decison to make

do i get either a 1.9 diesel gt 3.2 gt or a 156 gta, ive test driven a 156 gta today in black (awesome colour) although high mileage the body work is in top condition no stone chips, couple of things that need doing on it but nothing major, need to find a 3.2gt to test drive.

but the 156 gta has an awesome stance

so guys and girls what do ya think

answers on a post card :D

If I was to get a 3.2 it would be a 156 GTA, the reasoning is that the oil cooler pipes which are a common fault on the 3.2GT are no longer available whereas on the GTA it takes a day to get them down from Warrington. The 1,9 JTDm in this discussion is just you inner old man trying to reason you out of a decent bit of fun.

the deal is done on the gta and get it in a couple of weeks the oil cooler pipes have just been changed :thumbs:

Sense prevails, they are a far more practical and stable car, don't suffer the body comp issues of the GT and he glove box handle wont snap off.