Sign in to follow this  
keithyboy

The show us your Nissan thread

Scoff if you wish but these things are fucking brilliant.

A lowly 1.6 has handling and steering many much more sporty cars can only dream of coupled with an engine which, whilst lacking poke, is completely unburstable.

The GTs and eGTs are the absolute bollocks.

DSCN2240.jpg

DSCN0819.jpg

DSCN0848.jpg

My two Primeras had covered 280,000 miles between them. Neither used a drop of oil, both had lovely crisp gearchanges, and rattle and knock free suspension despite not having had new wishbones every 30,000 miles.

One day I will own a primera... the wife had a premonition dream that we had one years ago.

One day I will own a primera... the wife had a premonition dream that we had one years ago.

Get a GT in a dark colour. You can sell it on the grounds of practicality (massive boot, 5 doors, economical etc etc) and talk about what a massive sacrifice you're making then revel in 150BHP (which somehow feels like more than the 150BHP in a 156) and a brilliant chassis.

woth noting too that a GT/eGT is insurance group 11. If anyone can come up with another car with that much power that is lower than grp 14, i'd love to hear about it.

Yup, always had a secret soft spot for the GT's. In that flip colour they came in they look the danglies :cool:

Sadly, 150bhp is a bit low for me. I need 6 cylinders and at least 175bhp to be happy.

my mate had a brown 1.6 primera, the middle pedal stopped doing its job going down a steep hill, im sure you can guess what happened to it :LOL: the car he hit didnt come off too badly but he reshaped his quite alot

I had 2 of them (I don't count my last one a P12 2.2 dCi which was a Renault infested pile of shite)

Don't have any pictures, but my first one was a P10 2.0eZX saloon in grey (H303CNS - no catalyst or other pish) which was an absolute peach of a car. I later had another P10 2.0eGT hatch (L399XSU) which while not as good as the first one was also a cracker. I wrote it off by driving like a complete fanny . . . . . . . .

My Mrs had a 1.6LX (P926EOP) as one of her first company cars too. It handled better than the MK4 Golf GTi that replaced it . . . . . . .

i kinda have a soft spot for them, as my first real car i drove around in was/is a u13 bluebird.... torquey for a 4 banger, and really reliable... and yes, unburstable engine...

seriously... NOTHING on it over 17 yrs from new... SEVENTEEN... theoretically, if my alfa lasts that long, say 18 years, it would be on its 6th belt, an' assuming i paid the $2.5k it costs here each time.... and nothing else ever went wrong... ya... $15k

nissan also put out some nice cars at the time... 200sx/silvia and of course the R series GT and GTR particularly the R34 for me...

but unlike alfa, boy did they age.... i look at a 156 more than 10 years on - still the best looking sedan on the market.... IMHO... nissans of the same era while i remembered thinking looked ok at the time... now.... bleh.

I've got a Terrano - love it to bits. Never let me down yet, only thing that ever needs replacing is the suspension links. Had it from new as an import.

OK, it's not an Alfa, if I want to go throw things around corners, I take the Spider ... or the GTA ... but if I'm going to the tip, or towing a horse trailer, can't beat it! Plus even though it's a 3.5 tonne, 3.0L diesel, still get 30mpg out of it .... ;)

Behold, the majesty that was* Morgan's P10 2.0 eGT hatch. :cool:

eGT.jpg

What a fucking brilliant car! :LOL:

* I say "was", as it's not appearing as being insured, according to www.askmid.com :(