Sign in to follow this  
wayne-dear

Bloody 'code light'

What a pain in the ass.... :censored:

I bought back my first Alfa from an AO member i sold it to, drove home perfectly, i fitted a cd player and removed the resonator and popped in a straight carbon pipe i have, say to Jules we will go to Wales and get fish and chips, jump in, engine spins and the code light stays on;

So begins the process of elimination, all fuses and relevant relays checked, all ok, check and cleaned all the earths in the engine bay (had a dry earth problem before) still no start;

Remove the cowlings from the steering column, check the antenna and wiring, jiggle the steering, nothing, tried all the keys both ways, including master key, tried disconnecting the battery, nothing;

Starting to worry now, 'its the ecu or immobiliser/key reprogram'

Just about to strip out all the relays and clean every terminal then i thought;

I had to remove the trim panel to settle the wiring when i pushed in the cd player, removed it again, jiggled the nest of wiring behind the cd player;

BINGO..............light goes out and she starts, now if only i had though of that before dismantling the steering and dashboard...... :nonono:

*points and laughs at Wayne* :pointlaugh:

On the plus side, you've posted it up here, which may prevent someone else from taking their car to bits unnecessarily... Not helping? Alright, sorry. :$

:teehee: