Hey guys,

We got problem with 2004 147 Selespeed, cant engage gears, city button not working, stuck in neutral.

Selespeed pump brushes were worn out, we changed them 1 month ago and everything was fine but now it doesn't actuate at all, i checked hydraulic circuit pressure and its in negative numbers: "-1.434" or something like this.

When selespeed accumulator dies, pump stops working as well?

I have no idea, is something wrong with pump/accumulator or some sensors/wires?..

please give me some advices..

Thank you!

I would say either the Pump or the accumulator is faulty.

If the accumulator is not holing pressure it will make the pump run all the time which may explain the worn out bushes.

When you first open the drivers door you should hear the pump run for about 15 seconds then stop when the system is up to pressure to allow you to change gear a couple of times even without the engine running. The pump should then activate intermittently every few minutes to maintain the pressure. But from what you have said you have no pressure at all.

I would start by checking, in order of ease,

Can you hear the pump running?

Check Selespeed oil level

Check Hydraulic hoses for damage

Selespeed relay (in front of battery)

Then it's either pump or accumulator. Other than the motor brushes the pumps don't usually go wrong so you may have to check the Accumulator.

Have you checked with MES and if so were there any fault codes?

Hey flyblo5, thanks for reply!

When you first open the drivers door you should hear the pump run for about 15 seconds then stop when the system is up to pressure to allow you to change gear a couple of times even without the engine running. The pump should then activate intermittently every few minutes to maintain the pressure. But from what you have said you have no pressure at all.
Can you hear the pump running?
Check Selespeed oil level

yeah, the pump isn't running at all, selespeed oil tank is full, when i open drivers door i only hear some weird noises from relay or something like trying to actuate pump but without success

Check Hydraulic hoses for damage

i cant see any leaks but i will double check them

Selespeed relay (in front of battery)

relay works well, tried 3 different ones

Then it's either pump or accumulator. Other than the motor brushes the pumps don't usually go wrong so you may have to check the Accumulator.

The pump should work even if the accumulator is dead? I mean pump motor isnt running at all, can this be caused by dead accumulator or its pump/pump motor brushes itself? I checked with MES and no fault codes.., hydraulic circuit pressure is below zero, so the system has no pressure at all. clutch rod length 28.151. I tried to actuate the pump from MES but no success.

Thank you again!

If the relay is OK then I would say you have a problem with the pump. The Accumulator is just a pressure tank to hold fluid under pressure, so if it had failed the pump would be running all the time, or more often than normal depending on how bad the Accumulator is. Best way to check the pump is to remove and connect directly to the battery to see if it runs, but only run it for a few seconds because it will have no oil in it and will be damaged if you run it for too long. Alternatively if you have any spare cable you could leave it in place and run cables from the battery direct to the pump.

THis is the pump, what you can do is try and kick start the pump, it lives behind the left hand head light, you can see the pipes coming off the end off the pump section, using a stick just hit the pump after you've just opened the drivers door, if it springs into life then the car should run fine until the pump stops in that "dead spot" again, I'd recommend replacing the pump or if you are able to, replacing the motor brushes as shown in the guide section of this forum.

Hey Smaky, thanks for reply

THis is the pump, what you can do is try and kick start the pump, it lives behind the left hand head light, you can see the pipes coming off the end off the pump section, using a stick just hit the pump after you've just opened the drivers door, if it springs into life then the car should run fine until the pump stops in that "dead spot" again, I'd recommend replacing the pump or if you are able to, replacing the motor brushes as shown in the guide section of this forum.

I changed pump motor brushes on my Selespeed with help of your guide and I'm running 1 year already without any problem! Thanks for it!

Now we have problem with my friends 147 selespeed, pump motor brushes were worn out and we changed them 1 month ago, he drove 4k km without any problem and now the pump seems dead. tried to kick the pump but no success. I think something went wrong in the motor section again. Is it repairable for the second time? Or should i get another used pump?

Try connecting it straight to the battery and see if it kicks it into life, if it doesn't then open it up and clean out all the dust from the worn brushes and check the condition of the new ones.

Thanks for help guys! we tested the pump and it worked fine, the problem was as simple as just bad 30A fuse :yay: