Sign in to follow this  
Samwilde681

Rumble/rattle

Ha ha, oh well f£&k it then, could be worse ;) volume up it is..... I should count my stars really, everything else is fine (touch head and croch region) but.... I will find the B)£&3rd one day

So..... I have pretty much ruled out the noise coming from the cabin, Paul at MDZ did mention the shock mounts, does anyone think it could be this? as it sounds as though its coming from the drivers side boot area I am thinking this might make sense. Also how easy are these to get to? I assume they might be a bit of a nightmare but im hoping not! lastly if I decide to look into this what sort of cost are we looking at parts/ labour?

Cheers again guys

The shock top mount pad itself is £40, but if knock is shock related it is normally the shock itself which are £100 (std) - £140 (sport pack) a pair, then the labour which I'd estimate at 3 - 4 hours.

But firstly have ever bush on the rear checked for wear, and I'd still say it I more commonly the ARB bushes

Cheers for that, All the bushes have been looked at which is why this is a real puzzler! thats great though, so helpful to have some advice! just sounds like the casing or something is loose around the shock itself. Ill keep driving it anyway and see if it gets worse, it doesn't seem to be. I will get it looked at again at some time though, its really annoying as its the only thing on the car thats not right.