Sign in to follow this  
flyblo5

156 Wiring Diagram

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2001 156 Selespeed. Looked in all the usual places and can't find anything.

Connected the engine bay and gearbox loom up but she won't turn over. Works fine if you connect the starter directly to the battery but there is no power getting to the solenoid. Relay seems ok so either I have a dodgy connection or something plugged in wrong (it was pissing down and getting dark). The only other option is maybe an immobiliser / inhibiter fault.

Electrics are not my strong point so any ideas or suggestions welcome, and a wiring diagram would be nice.

Want to over next time with as much info as I can.

It will crank even if the immobiliser is inhibiting, so it's not that, are the battery terminals tight and the battery holding a good charge? Also try a jump lead from the negative terminal to the dipstick housing.

Thanks Smaky,

Battery good, new & fully charged. terminals tight.

I'll try the jump lead trick next week.

Most of the loom can only be connected one way but there are 2 pairs of leads on the gearbox with the same connections. Pretty sure they are correct and the cables seem to suggest where they go but what would happen if they were reversed?

If these are cables for the actuator (normally people mix up the 2 solenoid ones on the engine side at the back) then it makes the gear display flash and the car refuses to start as it can't prove 'N'.