Sign in to follow this  
Oliver_K

Selespeed Woes...please Help

I apologise in advance if this has been covered before. I was told there is a guru on here called Smaky??

My car is at an Indie Alfa garage at the moment and they are lost to what is wrong.

Originally the synchros in the gear box were replaced back in July. I was told that the clutch looked healthy.

All was great until mid December when the car suddenly dropped out of gear while pulling away and revved to 4000 rpm until i blipped the throttle. Switched off engine but the pump continued to run? I undid the battery and awaited recovery. Recovery guy connected the battery started the car and followed me home all ok.

I thought id take the car to the garage and get it checked. Broke down again on the way. Pump running constantly. RAC guy tried a few things but although the car was in (N) it said (1) on the screen so would not start.

The garage changed 2 relays, pump, accumulator, pressure sensor, re calibrated and extensive test driving. All ok.

The day after picking it up it broke down with the same problem and its got them stumped. I seriously dont want to look for new cars as everything else is fine and the condition is great. This issue is annoying me because the car is perfectly ok other than this if you see where im coming from.

Does anybody have any ideas please please??

Don't panic.

Smaky isn't on here every day but he will turn up before long.

Hi,

Right it's over-reving, refusing to select gear and the pump runs continuosly iuntil the battery is disconnected.

I've witnessed this first hand on several occasions, 1 was a split pipe leaking fluid, 2 were actuators blowing the blanks out the the clutch piston and dumping all the fluid, And at least another 2 were down to dodgy EV0 valves, BUT on every single one it needed the pump relay replacing, all of which if you don't know the systems components probably wont mean a thing. But needless to say this is one which I would require to get hands on with to be sure of the exact problem.

The main things to check though is if the fluid level is correct for the selespeed system and is there oil dripping from the gearbox?