Sign in to follow this  
smiffy

75 Mods

In the near future I am hoping to purchase a 3.0 75.

I know nothing about these cars really. What I would like to know is what mods can be made to the 3.0 lump to produce more power :evil:

And can the car be lowered and stiffened? And on a side note would you be able to fit a 3.2 GTA engine in place of the 3.0? I know you would have to turn the GTA engine round to accommodate the RWD.

So am I :crazy: ?

If I remember rightly there is quite a bit of kit for these .

Did you have a look at the pics and description of the black one that was linked to on here in the other thread.

The one with the slots in the bonnet .

That hD been quite heavily modded . Engine ecu suspension etc..

They were quite popular for racing and track days so think you wil find a Fair few different types of mods.

Try looking up the alfa racing series on line see what you find .

If you wanted a project that black one would possibly make a good starting point.

I think there were some major differences between the fwd v6 and the RWD one I read a thread a whie back where the question was asked and think it was possible but needed to have a lot of special mods . Think one of the issues was the mountings in the car and the engines .

If I can find the thread I will let you know . It may have. Been on the 164 register I can't remember .

Cheers G

Will be looking for a RWD one, really want one that's a finished article, so all the body work has been sorted and it's had a full re-spray. So all I would do is suspension and engine mods.

The GTA was just another idea break up the GTA for parts but keep engine and retro fit in the 75

Just found the thread it's on AO. By supercharged 16v in the 75 thread quite interesting give it a read through . He's thrown his chips in with AO as well yesterday asking they delete his threads so get there and have look .

Just found the thread it's on AO. By supercharged 16v in the 75 thread quite interesting give it a read through . He's thrown his chips in with AO as well yesterday asking they delete his threads so get there and have look .

Your a star mate :):thumbs:

Superchargers, turbos, 3.0 24v conversions ooooooooohh I getting wet

Bloody hell, I haven't even bought one yet and your already planning to modify it :nonono:

Sounds an interesting project, as above I think the fwd/rwd bit will be the biggest issue, why not go 4wd :thumbs:

If I can find one than yes but I don't think they made a 3.0 q4 75 may be wrong tho.

Yeah looking into it and the only 24v v6 that could be fitted is out of a 164

Got about 265-270 from the gta I think not had it tested tho. The 75 is probably a lighter car but was hoping for about the same bhp and about the same torque or more, haven't really looked at figures yet don't really know much about 75's.

Got about 265-270 from the gta I think not had it tested tho. The 75 is probably a lighter car but was hoping for about the same bhp and about the same torque or more, haven't really looked at figures yet don't really know much about 75's.

Just go try one first, think you may find its not all about power, I struggle to use the smiley things on here as hard work to find

Ok sounds like a good idea tbh never driven one before. Smiles are a bit of a pain

If you put :

Then either

)

(

D

O

After it with no spaces you get

:)

:(

:D

:o

Or add words but you have to put : first then the word then : last without spaces

So

: thumbs : (but without spaces) is

:thumbs:

: mad :

:mad:

Etc etc

Ok sounds like a good idea tbh never driven one before. Smiles are a bit of a pain

If you put :

Then either

)

(

D

O

After it with no spaces you get

:)

:(

:D

:o

Or add words but you have to put : first then the word then : last without spaces

So

: thumbs : (but without spaces) is

:thumbs:

: mad :

:mad:

Etc etc

I just want to click on a smile and it works, like most sites/forums

Edited by vantastic

They should be at the bottom of the page but you have to trawl through them all to get to the common used ones, I'll ask alfabhoy if there's any think he can do with them

They should be at the bottom of the page but you have to trawl through them all to get to the common used ones, I'll ask alfabhoy if there's any think he can do with them

Good man, I just want simple smiles that work like on most sites, i would do thumbs up if i could click on it, wink

When you post there is a :) icon at the top of the posting box, click on the icon and it will open a list of smileys, as smiffy said its a bit of a pain to scroll through to find the ones you want. :(

Saw this on YouTube and was wandering where and how I can get one of these bad boys

If I can find one than yes but I don't think they made a 3.0 q4 75 may be wrong tho.

Yeah looking into it and the only 24v v6 that could be fitted is out of a 164

Sorry but mines not for sale ;)

When you post there is a :) icon at the top of the posting box, click on the icon and it will open a list of smileys, as smiffy said its a bit of a pain to scroll through to find the ones you want. :(

I only get these on the laptop if I'm using my sons iPad as now don't get gone option..;)

Sorry but mines not for sale ;)

:LOL: didn't read my own thread

There's a 164 24v on eBay but starting is £599 so you could start with that you take the motor and I'll chip in for the rest of the bits for mine ;)

75 should be left 12 valve TBH, it has all the power it needs Bring%20It%20On.gif

Hmmmmm you've said that before I will listen to the man with experience. :thumbs:

Yes I must admit from what I've learned the older 12v is easier to get bits for and easier to maintain. Not as fussy as the 24v.

Also from the point of future value it is always better to keep it original. Depends what you want it for really.