Sign in to follow this  
K9d

Changing Cv Boots

I had new front tyres fitted yesterday and was informed that I have a split CV boot, drivers side.

I have read a few threads on An Other forum but apart from silly squabbling non seemed to give a good answer.

How easy are these to change, for a mere mortal Smaky :LOL: ?

I also have a squeaky aux belt tensioner or power steering pump/air con problem, when I start the car for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes I will have a squealing aux belt and sometimes no power steering plus occasionally no speedo reading. This will clear within 2 minutes and can be helped by dipping the clutch and letting the revs drop to tickover.

If I drive on wet roads I will also sometimes lose power steering when the tyres spray water up when I turn left, my front wheel arch lining is missing. :(

How easy is it to pop of the Aux belt to find out what is causing the squeak ?

I'm thinking of changing the front discs and pads, plus I have a sticky rear caliper, again.

Bearing all that in mind would I be better making a trip to the Oxford area ?

Yep all on the 156, when I get some free time I will arrange a visit. :thumbs:

I had a quick look at the aux belt and I can push it off the top guide roller and spin that by hand, does that suggest a loose belt ?

OK, so best option is to find what ever is causing the problem and change that then.

Urgh, that sounds expensive. :(