Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

Lambda Faults

Hey Smaky,

I decided to clean the MAF today, which turned out to be a good idea.. the car feels much more alive now.. which is good..

But before I did that, I plugged MES in to check for any faults and two came up.. MES says that the dash light was on, but I don't remember seeing that... anyway, I cleared the faults and took her for a drive with MES plugged in...

The pre lamba's read about 2.5 and the post lambda's 0.6 on average on a steady throttle at about 50mph.... are you happy with those numbers?

Here's the screen shots of both faults: Anything to worry about? And are those battery voltages a bit low?

eng%20fault%20codes.JPG

eng%20fault%20codes%202.JPG

Edited by Alfa156Melb

To be honest, no, those figures point towards a failing post cat lambda, BUT, first I would unpplug the lambda probe and reconnect it it, go out for another spin with the diag on and see what it read after that, if it said it was still fatal then I'd replace it.

Ill have to wait a while, as my tools are up at my parents.. Ill report back when done.

What pre and post numbers should we expect on average?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Alfa156Melb

It's worth noting that left and right are different in Australia (like water running the opposite way down the plughole). :teehee:

It's worth noting that left and right are different in Australia (like water running the opposite way down the plughole). :teehee:

Bloody poms.. :)

No worries - the only time i get to work on my car is at my parents house - they have a garage and all my tools are stuff is there.. only thing is, its 3 hours from me.

Anyway, it was still a good car session - I found the source of the rattle under load, it was a loose rear heat shield and better still, the thud in my rear suspension that's been there since i installed the B8's, was the rear door loose on its catch.

Happy to have those two irritating noises sorted out.

I'll buy one of those bendy spanners and play next time I'm up there, in about 3 weeks.

No wonder the knock was tricky to find, now you see why I prefer to have my hands and ears on the car, otherwise it's pure guesswork.