Sign in to follow this  
Dman

Here We Go Again

Well the car has be running ok for a week or so,but today when i had it over 4,000 rpm the engine management light starts flashing for about 10 seconds then goes out.

So tried it again in sport mode (its a Q-system by the way) and when the engine revs go high the light flashes...but does go out

Any ideas would be most greatful

Does it feel like it's holding back a bit?

A flashing EML is normally the ECUs way of telling you there is a faulty Cat, this is picked up by the pre and post cat Lambdas, plug in and get the codes out of the engine ECU and this should confirm it

I would definately suspect a blocked or faulty cat, is there a tinny rattle under the car when you first start her from cold?

This may be a stupid question,but there is only 1 CAT on the car is there,i seen the double one after the flex pipe,but there is a small box thing on the downpipe...what is that...

It's a 2.5 V6 CF3 with 4 Cats ( ECU should be mounted on the inlet manifold), in which case the first thing I'd do is check for inlet splits then this weather is clean the MAF and replace the air filter, that way you'll prove it's not freezing up from getting wet and the air is geting in. After that it's going to get expensive. Possibly one of the cats, lambdas or MAF.

New air filter and Bosch MAF fitted about a month ago,as for the inlet splits is that just the large inlet hose ??

4 CATS ? oh dear...is there anyway of checking each CAT ?

The rubber hose appears to be ok,looks as if there are slight cracks in the joints but does not appear to go all the way through.

Im going to change it to eliminate it