Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

Replacing Lower Engine Mounts

Smaky, my right side lower engine mount is cactus.. so sometime next week I'll order a new one..

I had a peek under the car when it was on the hoist this morning having its strut sorted and from what i can gather, it seems a walk in the park swapping that mount out..

Are there any hidden gems I should know about or is it a matter of supporting the engine and unbolt and replace affair as it seems to appear?

it is as simple as you think, but that bolt is normally welded in over here thanks to the salt, you can if you want just remove that bolt and let the driveshaft sit on the subframe whilst you swap the mount.

What ever you do, start the bolt off by hand before using tools as they don't like being forced to start, also if you leave the 3 mount bolts loose till last then you more likely to get the engine in the right position, and don't forget to disconnect the small coolant return hose from the header tank and unbolt the stabiliser link from the engine .