Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

Air Intake Pipe

My car has never had one of these, the previous owner must have removed it for whatever reason - I can only assume it was to bring out some induction noise, which my car has truck loads of.

Anyway, what this means is that I have a gaping hole on the side of my airbox, filter exposed and I'm sure there must be a risk of water damage?? Although I've had the car 6 years and it's never been a problem.. always a first time though huh.

So, a couple of questions - apart from induction noise, what advantages, if any, are there by removing the pipe?

And, if i were to refit one, is it worth fitting a GTA pipe in its place, will I see any change in performance?

Reduced inlet restriction and Yes, are the simple answers.

Downside to not having a pipe there, lower pick up (so no deep puddles) and filter clogs quicker.

Water is a risk and although its not been an issue, i'd like to keep it that way.. and yes the filter does clog up quicker as you say..

So when you say that having a GTA pipe fitted will improve performance - from what reference point are you talking?

In my case, I have no pipe at all, would there be a gain or a decrease if I fitted one?

To clarify, i am not asking for a comparison of a standard pipe to a GTA, only from nothing, to a GTA.. :)

1 Ant power? Thats worth the effort then :)

As long as it wont decrease performance im happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk