Sign in to follow this  
Alfa156Melb

Rain Sensing Wipers

Hey guys..

Something that's irked me for a while but not so much to do anything about.. until now with all this rain.

The rain sensing wipers on the 156..

Mine have progressively been getting worse over the years in that, when there is rain the wipers activate, but when the rain stops, the wipers keep going, it doesn't seem to be able to detect a lack of rain - so they just keep on wiping a dry screen, rather pointlessly in my opinion.

Is this common? Is there anything I can do to improve things at all?

I recently replaced the windscreen so the sensor is new... not sure what else i can do..? :Frustrated:

I've got the vision pack fitted to the MiTo but have the opposite effect...

Put it on auto and the wipers fire up but stop at a junction or traffic lights and the 'kin things stop resulting in a windscreen full of rainwater...

I then have to switch off and back on again or move it to the intermittent or slow setting to get them going again to see out of the screen ?

Defeats the 'kin object and doesn't justify the extra it cost to have it fitted as an optional extra ..... Crap !

The rear wiper will still sweep when in reverse even if the wipers are switched off and it's not even raining....Idiotic !

I've got the vision pack fitted to the MiTo but have the opposite effect...

Put it on auto and the wipers fire up but stop at a junction or traffic lights and the 'kin things stop resulting in a windscreen full of rainwater...

I then have to switch off and back on again or move it to the intermittent or slow setting to get them going again to see out of the screen ?

Defeats the 'kin object and doesn't justify the extra it cost to have it fitted as an optional extra ..... Crap !

The rear wiper will still sweep when in reverse even if the wipers are switched off and it's not even raining....Idiotic !

Alfa's.... bat%20smiley.gif

Well chaps, i found a magic fix!

Fit bosch aerotwins and you cant even tell if the wipers are on.. So smooth it makes a baby's bum seem abrasive.. So quiet, a church mouses squeak would be louder..

Ah, the serenity.

And now the sensor works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk